Prayer requests for:
* Please pray for my parents’ health and my mom’s upcoming surgeries.
* Please pray for Alona’s future and what God has for her.
* Please pray for the Russian team to finish their time in Kenya strong.
* Please pray for our trip to the States on May 30.
March / April 2016
* Pray for us as we search out ways to get visas in Russia for Tesfaye, Alona and myself.
* Pray for our work to be done effectively, efficiently, and with accuracy.
* Pray for Alona’s future. She is very homesick for Kyrgyzstan now. Pray for her to have peace where God wants her for now.
January / February 2016
* Praise God we arrived safely back to Kenya.
* Pray for the Russian team as they prepare to travel back to Kenya on 30 January. They all arrived safely.
* Pray for our Ethiopian brother who is working with us as he travels back on 1 February. He arrived safely.
* Pray for us as we make changes to our translation (results of the community testing).
* Praise God that the community testing went well. It went very well indeed.
* Praise God we have 2 new team members join us in Kenya.
* Pray for us as we start translating the next 16 Bible passages.
October / November / December 2015
- We will arrive in the States on 5 October. Please pray for safety in traveling. We arrived safely.
- We still need a reliable car to use while we are home for 3 months (oct, nov, dec.) God provided us with a car. Praise God!
- We want more opportunities to meet with people and tell about what God is doing with the Deaf Bible translation work – especially our Russian work. Small groups, church meetings, coffee or lunch meetings, etc.
- Our teams will be doing community testing in their home countries. Pray that they will get a good group of people who can give them good helpful feedback about their translation work.
- Our Bible consultants will be flying to each country to help with community testing. Traveling mercies needed.
- I will be doing a lot of fundraising for our budget and debt with DOOR. I need a miracle.
- I am very tired in body and in mind. I need rest.
- See below ongoing requests.
August / September 2015
- We will need a car to use while we are home for the 3 months (Oct, Nov, Dec)…praying for a good reliable car to borrow and use to go to meetings. Still praying for this to happen. Done
- Please pray for Jenya’s daughter in Russia…she is in the hospital for bronchitis. She is very young and the doctors do not want her to go or do anything. Please ask for complete healing. Praise God Jenya’s daughter is doing much better. She is home resting and her lungs are almost clear. Continue to pray for this little girl that she would be healthy and the dr would release her to come to Kenya next year with her family. His daughter has been diagnosed with Asthma. Please ask God for her complete healing.
- My family in America are all in need of God’s healing. Please pray for my family and asking God for His special touch on their health. thanks! Ongoing
- We have started a fundraiser for our plane tickets and Alona’s visa to America – please check out the link and support us as you can. Thanks! http://www.youcaring.com/kathy-and-alona-402598 Only $545 so far…we need much more…please continue to pray for this and help as you feel led. We are about 50% there for our tickets home. People are giving at youcaring.com and also at DOOR. Very thankful! We raised 1 and 3/4 of our ticket prices plus Alona’s visa. Praise God!
- All 4 new teams have started translating the first 35 Bible passpages with the introduction, more information and teaching points. It is going well, but harder than they thought. Please pray for wisdom, good memories (they have to memorize the whole passage and then video it perfectly), patience, unity on the teams, and God’s help to work efficiently and effectively. Our goal is to have 14 stories, introductions, more information and dialogues done before they leave to go back to their countries on 15 October.
- I have gotten 3 speaking engagements so far on my schedule for the time we will be home. Please pray that we will get many more. We have a lot of money to raise so that we can continue to work with DOOR and Deaf Bible translation. Currently we are only meeting 55% of our budget and I have a huge debt with DOOR that needs to be paid off. Please pray for our finances. Currently up to 6 speaking engagements on the calendar with others in discussion about which date. Very thankful. We have 7 speaking engagments now on the calendar. Looks like we will visit TX, IN, KY, FL and possibly NC.
- Pray for our future…possible move in locations coming up next year. We will probably move in July to our next location in Russia.
- I will take Alona to the American Embassy in early September to interview for her American visa. Pray everything will go smoothly and she will get the visa without problems. We have an interview appointment on 17 September at 9:00 EAT. Please continue to pray for her visa. Praise God she got a 5 year visitor visa. Thank you for your prayers.
- Alona’s future – on going request for her to make good choices and decisions and to listen to what God wants for her instead of her own fleshly desires. Ongoing
- Thankful for Alona – she is a good worker and daughter. Pray for Olya and her husband Tolya. They have been married for 2 years but no baby yet. Tolya’s mom is also causing some troubles for them.
June / July 2015
- On going prayers from the month before – Alona’s future, 2 new African teams beginning their translation work, Russia and Bulgaria starting their training. Training went well! Both Bulgaria and Russia are very sharp teams. They are ready to start working and get the job done.
- Pray for the 4 new teams that they would adjust well. The food here is very different than what many are used to and that is causing some stomach problems. This is going much better…continue to pray for each team.
- Praise – I have one more physiotherapy appointment for my back and neck. I feel much better. I had to buy a new mattress and pillow, but feeling much better. Physically feeling much better – so thankful.
- Thinking ahead to our trip to the States in October. We need around $4000 for flight tickets. My account with DOOR is in the RED so that means no money for our tickets. I will start a fundraiser online for this soon. Please ask that all the money needed would come in quickly. The fundraiser has started…please pray for enough money for our tickets and Alona’s visa. thanks! We raised enough for one ticket. We hope to be able to raise enough for the other ticket so that it doesnt put us more into debt.
May / June 2015
- Both of our Russian and Bulgarian teams will arrive in June to begin their training times at the African center. Please lift them up as they prepare their documents and begin their journey as a Bible translator. Praise God both teams got all of their documents, arrived safely and started their training.
- I have been dealing with a lot of stress due to many trips to Russia and Bulgaria over the past few months, as well as other things I cannot mention at this time. Please remember me in your prayers. Please ask for peace and wisdom. Feeling better about things, but still need your prayers and wisdom about some things I need to deal with.
- Alona is getting big…already 19 years old and is maturing into a beautiful young lady. Please ask for God’s protection as well as wisdom about her future. ON GOING
- We are hoping to go to the States this fall for fundraising, time with friends and family as well as spending time with our home fellowship. Please ask the Father that those plans would work out and Alona could get an American visa, we will have meetings scheduled, restful times, etc. Will try for a visa in August/September and we hope to arrive in the States around 10 October.
- Ask that the other 2 African countries who are here for their training and translations would be focused and make good decisions, as well as adapt to living in Kenya. They just finished their first month training and are beginning their work. Please continue to pray for them.
April / May 2015
Would you please cover us in your prayers to the Father.
- Russian Translation camp May 4-11 – Please ask that the right people will be at camp and that the translators God wants on the team will be picked. We need wisdom and grace during this time. We were able to choose 4 people for our Russian team. We hope to choose 3 more later this fall to join the team.
- Bulgarian Translation camp May 15-18 – Please ask that the right people will be at camp and that the translators God wants on the team will be picked. We need wisdom and grace during this time. We choose 6 new Bulgarian team members. One guy was saved during camp as well. Praising God!
- I recently found out my back was full of inflamation. I have had 5 treatments on it and one more to go before our trip to Russia. Please ask that the inflammation and pain will go and my back will be pain-free. Praise God my back is much better after 5 treatments, but will need to continue with more treatments after our trip.
- Big praise – we have needed rains in Kenya for a long time – good soaking rains. Well, in the past few days, we have gotten many good soaking rains and more to come in the next few days. Please thank God for these rains as well as pray for those whose houses are being destroyed from the rains.
- Please continue to pray for the families who lost their children at the Garissa massacre that happened this month in Kenya as well as those who survived. So much trauma in so many lives from this horrific event.
Would you please join us in intercession for God’s will to be done.
- Alona and I are traveling to Bishkek to join a 3 day meeting taking place between the Bible organizations in Russia, Ukraine and Central Asia. Ask that His will be done and that there will be unity and peace between each organization. Ask that we can be supportive of each other. We had great meetings in Bishkek. It was very positive and there was unity among all the organizations and all agreed we needed Deaf Bible translation for Russia – the DOOR way.
- Alona and I will also be traveling to St. Petersburg Russia for a conference at the end of March. Pray for safe travels and good relationships. It was a great conference. I know we were supposed to be there. thanks for your prayers.
- Because of all the traveling lately, I am tired. Ask that I will be renewed by each meeting I attend and each plane right I take. I am feeling much better after having some treatments on my back. See prayer request.
Would you please join us in intercession against the evil plans of the enemy.
- Please lift up Jeremy, our IT director. He is in the States on medical leave. Please ask that the doctors will know what is wrong and that he will be healed soon and get back to Kenya. Jeremy got a good report from the doctor and they are making plans to come back to Kenya. Praise the Lord!
- Our CEO’s wife, Michelle, has been sick. They had to cancel their trip to Kenya recently. She needs our pr@yers. I heard that Michelle is feeling better. Praise the Lord!
- Camille, one of our teachers for the Deaf CITS, has been having a lot of pain in her right wrist as of yesterday. It makes it very hard to sign her classes and even eat food because she is right handed. (CIT – Consultant in training) Camille’s wrist started feeling much better after our email went out. Praise the Lord!
- Linda, our administrative director, had all of her information on her computer from the last 15 years stolen. She got a call from a random person telling her she must pay money to get it back. I heard that Linda was able to retrieve some of her data in the cloud. Thank God for the cloud where you can store data. I will also check into this.
- One of our Indian Deaf CITs had chicken pox for the first time. He was out of class for 2 weeks. Today is his first day back. His wife has chicken pox now. 🙁 please pray for her. She is back to work and both are back to being healthy. Praise God!
- This year we are starting 4-5 new translation projects. Russian Sign Language is one of them. I will be traveling to Russia very soon for a trip to introduce DOOR to the Deaf there. I am hearing reports that there are people who do not want DOOR to come to Russia. It is the enemy using people and gossip to destroy DOOR’s good name in Russia and to keep us out. I know my G-d is greater than those words. It was a great trip and ended on a positive note. Praise God.
- After sending out our email and posting these requests, my computer’s hard drive crashed and died. I just backed up my computer on Tuesday and it crashed on Thursday. I only lost a few documents that I had been working on. I hope I can reproduce them again. Thankfully, I was able to get another hard drive and get it fixed. God is good!
- Meetings coming up in March regarding the Russian Sign Language translation the meetings were great! Very positive!
- Deaf camp in April to choose the Deaf translators for the Russian Sign Language translation Camp will now be held in May to choose the Deaf translators for our RSL translation
- finances – meeting budget 100% Currently as of 3/15 – 54%
- God would prepare those who He wants to be apart of the Deaf Russian translation